Eckert AgriTours-The Costa Rica Experience!
January 15-22, 2010
This unique AgriTour will combine the “must see” attractions of Costa Rica with an up close and personal tour of the land's local farms and ranches. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- See the world famous active Volcano, Poas
- See a large strawberry plantation & packing plant
- Visit local a farmers’ market and a special farm producing mini-veggies
- Learn about how farms in Costa Rica are promoting sustainability
- Participate in a special Coffee Bean tour with special sipping session – just for us!
The natural beauty of Costa Rica includes spectacular water falls, butterfly observatory, tropical rain forest and plenty of trails for hiking.
|"Stories About Food" Interviews Jane about the Upcoming Costa Rica Tour, June 16, 2009|
Our accommodations will put us in the midst of abundant bird and wildlife, as well as the opportunity to stay in the countryside to enjoy all of the natural beauty –all while enjoying a warm climate in the midst of our winter.
You also have your choice of one these five unique half day excursions, included in your tour price:
- Manuel Antonio National Park-The most popular park in Costa Rica, with beautiful white sand beaches surrounded by emerald waters and jungle. Our naturalist guide will explain the history and geography of the area, as well as help you view sloth, monkeys, birds, and a variety of other animals.
- Damas Island Boat Tour-a relaxing, informative boat tour, as the guide explains the mangrove ecosystem and points out wildlife such as sloth, crocodiles, boas, white-faced monkeys and egrets. We'll stop on Damas Island for a "Tico" style lunch or dinner.
- Canopy Tour-This trip offers the excitement of exploring the tropical canopy through a series of suspension platforms situated high above the forest floor. The platforms are connected by steel cables designed for people to slide from platform to platform allowing you to discover the flora and fauna of thetropical forest firsthand. You'll no doubt see a variety of wildlife, including howler, white-faced monkeys, sloth and toucan.
- Coastal Adventure Dolphin Watch Tour-cruise the spectacular coastline from Quepos to the Manuel Antonio National Park in search of dolphins, sea turtles and unique bird life, including boobies and frigate birds which nest on islands believed to be ancient Indian burial sites. The tour guide will explain the history of the Quepos indigenous community and the geology of the area, highlighting dramatic features such as blowholes beneath towering cliffs and formations of the National Park. The tour includes a visit to the secluded beach at Biesanz Bay for swimming and tropical snacks.
- Catamaran Adventure-This is a more challenging open ocean paddle along one of Costa Rica's most beautiful coastlines, from Quepos to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Paddle by islands that are nesting sites for unique coastal birds including boobies and frigate birds. Visit the secluded Biesanz Bay ans surf/kayak at Espadilla beach.
- Horseback Riding Tour-a half-day horseback riding tour through local countryside and jungle. Do not forget to bring a bathing suit to take a swim in a beautiful waterfall along the way. For birdwatchers, we recommend going in the afternoon for a better chance to see the toucans and some other exotic birds.
You choose from one of these five as part of this Agritour. All tours include lunch.
This is definitely going to be an unforgetable AgriTour! Everything begins when you arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica from your hometown on Friday, January 15, 2010 and lasts until you return to your home on January 22.
This trip is limited to only 26 people, so please give this your immediate attention so that we can guarantee your space.
So what are you going to be doing in January 2010? How about rewarding yourself with a special trip with farm friends to a most unforgettable and beautiful destination?
- The Eckert AgriTour Costa Rica Experience (Revised Itinerary, 9/23/09)
- Registration Form (Early Bird Special-Extended to April 1, 2009)
- Press Release: Eckert AgriMarketing Offers "The Costa Rica Experience" in 2010
- For more information, call Today: 314-862-6288, or contact us
- To Book Reservations, call Angela, at Dehoney Travel, 1-800-325-6708